We offer a comprehensive holiday group programme including:
- The Alert Programme – How does your engine run? – Using the analogy of a car engine, the How Does Your Engine Run? programme aims to teach children with Sensory Modulation difficulties how it feels to be running at different levels of arousal and what they need to do to help themselves change engine speed, calm and focus themselves to be successful in the classroom. Aimed at teaching strategies to self-calm and manage sensory information, the Alert Programme is a must for any child with a Sensory Modulation Disorder.
- Social Skills – helping children develop the skills to help them make new friends, sustain a conversation, read body language and enjoy social events.
- Doodlebugs and Sensory Motor – devised specifically to target handwriting, story planning and written communication, Doodlebugs offers a fun, multi-sensory approach to handwriting skills and targets the sensory and physical foundation skills necessary for handwriting. Aimed at developing your child’s core stability, fine and gross motor skills through group activities.
- Sensory Motor Group – this has proven to be one of our most successful holiday clubs; aimed at developing your child’s core stability, fine and gross motor skills through group activities this club is both fun and challenging.
- Secondary School Preparation Group – specifically for students transitioning to Senior School we run this group every August to help prepare children for new school year. This will focus on study skills, organization, managing timetables and dealing with conflict and assertiveness.