We offer comprehensive Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy assessment packages to meet all the needs of children from 0-16 years.
- School based assessment packages
- Clinic based assessment packages
- Distance assessment packages
Which include assessment of:
- Sensory processing: vision, hearing touch, taste and smell, as well as our internal senses; proprioception and vestibular. Poor sensory processing can be observed through fidgeting in chair, playing with objects, becoming over-excitable following movement, avoiding touch, difficulty concentrating.
- Attachment and Trauma: assessment of sensory processing and behaviour in relation to poor attachment or trauma history. This may include a MIM assessment to establish patterns of disorganised attachment.
- Gross Motor Skills: assessment of basic motor ability (ball skills, balance, postural tone, range of movement) and its impact on everyday functional tasks including fine motor skills and handwriting.
- Fine Motor skills: assessment of hand function, finger strength, hypermobility, tactile perception and reflex development.
- Handwriting: assessment of motor control, visual motor integration and visual perception. Handwriting is complex; it involves interpreting what we see and visualise into written form, underlying difficulties may be observed through: slouched posture, poor pencil grip, poor paper position or stabilisation, line use, spacing, letter formation as well as underlying motor skill difficulties.
- Self-care/independence: assessment and data gathering in relation to basic self-care skill including every day activities of daily living, including use of cutlery, dressing, toileting and personal hygiene.
- Neuromuscular development: assessing postural and ocular reactions, muscle tone and balance skills.
- Visual Perceptual skills: this refers to the ability to recognise, differentiate and attach meaning to information we see from our environment.
- Cognitive skills (attention and concentration): including sequencing, memory, problem solving.
- Educational access (seating, ICT needs. Communication aids)
- Organisational skills: including planning, time-tabling, problem solving and memory.