We are excited to be recruiting and have the following vacancies available:
Occupational Therapist Band 6/7 based at Hurst Lodge School, Yateley, Hampshire – full details here
Occupational Therapist Band 6/7 for a school based contract in Cobham, Surrey – full details here
Multi-disciplinary Assistant based at Hurst Lodge School, Yateley, Hampshire – full details here
Multi-disciplinary Assistant based at Heritage House School, Chesham- full details here
Office/admin assistant based at our clinic in Walton on Thames, Surrey – full details here
Our clinic of SIX large ASI treatment rooms is based in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, an easy commute from Central London
The Sensory Smart Child specialises in Sensory Integration Therapy, however in order to meet the holistic needs of our children, we have invested heavily in training in Sensory Attachment intervention and the development of multi-disciplinary assessment and treatment services.
Our growing multi-disciplinary clinical team includes OT’s, physio’s, speech and language therapists, therapy assistants, attachment specialist psychologists and a psychotherapist.
Our services also include:
• MDT feeding clinic
• Early Years assessment and treatment service
• Attachment and Trauma Assessment and Intervention
• Assessment of Autism Spectrum Condition
The clinic offers lots of different services and a full-time role may include a variety of opportunities including:
• Working within a variety of settings including our specialist SI clinic, mainstream and special schools.
• Collaborating with other professionals within the multi-disciplinary team including speech and language therapists, physiotherapists, dietitians, psychologists, social workers and paediatricians.
• Administering a comprehensive selection of assessments tools (both standardised and non-standardised assessment measures).
• Providing individual treatment and familial support/ intervention.
• Providing 1:1 and group therapy to children on the caseload.
• Writing thorough clinical reports.
Essential skills for our Occupational Therapist role –
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
• Experience, knowledge and a strong passion for working with children and an interest in using a Sensory integration treatment approach
• Demonstrable knowledge in child development
• Strong communication skills
• Current HCPC registration and an enhanced DBS certificate
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Desirable skills for Occupational Therapist applicants:
• Experience working with children who have autism spectrum disorder, sensory processing difficulties and attachment difficulties
• Post graduate training in sensory integration
• Completion of specialist training in attachment difficulties
• Experience working within the UK schooling system, including mainstream and special education settings
• Experience contributing to Education Health and Care Plans
• Experience working within a private practice
As a company committed to our employees as much as our clients, we acknowledge the importance of on-going professional development and invest heavily in training, regular clinical supervision and paid study leave.
Our clinic is open six days a week with full-time front office support every day.
We work 40 hours over four long days per week in order to support children before and after school hours as well as at the weekends.
Salary Band: depending on experience and training.
Core Therapist salary band: £25,000 – £35,000 Senior Therapist salary band: £35,000 -£45,000.
An additional 10% salary payment is given for Saturday working.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your situation and find out more about the role we have available, arrange a visit, meet the team and have a look around the practice.
If you wish to discuss joining our team, please contact us on 01932 259831 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available.